Do You Help With ITIN?

  1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. User Help Center
  4. User FAQ
  5. Do You Help With ITIN?

Do You Help With ITIN?

If your children have social security number(s) but you do not, then you can use an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in order to claim the Child Tax Credit.

At NexGen Taxes, your Tax Pro will handle proceedings with the IRS on your behalf. Unfortunately, the process itself can take several weeks from start to finish, but your Tax Pro will be with you every step of the way!

To apply for an ITIN, you must submit Form W-7 to the IRS along with the required identity verification (like a passport, driver’s license, or birth certificate). You can see a full list of identity verification document options listed here under “Supporting Documentation”.

You can submit your W-7 and identity verification documents through the mail (using the address shown on Form W-7), in person at an IRS office, or through a Certified Acceptance Agent.


Tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Was this article helpful to you? No Yes 2

How can we help?