Lost or Missing Tax Documents

  1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. User Help Center
  4. User FAQ
  5. Lost or Missing Tax Documents

Lost or Missing Tax Documents

An inherent limitation in the tax preparation process is the fact that your Pro is only aware of the information you provide. Unfortunately, we don’t have any means of obtaining this information for you. The links below might be useful in helping you obtain your lost documents if they can’t be re-furnished by your employer.

You can use the IRS’s ‘Get Transcript‘ tool to request your wage and income transcripts. It shows the data reported to the IRS on informational returns such as Form W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series, and Form 5498 series; however, state or local information is not included with the Form W-2 information. These transcripts are available for the past ten tax years but information for the current tax year may not be available until July of the following year. See Get Transcript FAQs for more details. You can also use Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to request a wage and income transcript.

Tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Was this article helpful to you? No Yes 1

How can we help?