Do I Have to File a Separate Business Return?

  1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. User Help Center
  4. User FAQ
  5. Do I Have to File a Separate Business Return?

Do I Have to File a Separate Business Return?

Business is a distinct entity, necessitating a separate return filing. However, if you run your business as a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC, there is no need for a separate business return. Instead of filing a separate business tax return, you can report your business activity on a Schedule C form that is a part of your Personal 1040 return. When filing your return with NexGen Taxes, kindly mention this information in the notes to ensure the tax professional knows it. 

You will have a separate filing requirement if you operate as a C corporation, S-Corp, Nonprofit, or LLC. You must file the corresponding form: 1120, 1120S, 990, or 1065, respectively. When filing your business return with NexGen Taxes, select the Business Tax option when initiating your work request. 

If you have any lingering doubts, don’t hesitate to contact the Support Team at NexGen Taxes. They possess the expertise to assist you in determining your tax filing requirements. 

Tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Was this article helpful to you? No Yes

How can we help?